In our series “Who is…?” we introduce you to all of our team members. Another glance at our management team!
- Since the geneticist teams of the Swiss dairy cattle breeding associations were merged into Qualitas AG at the beginning of 2011, Urs has been head of the Breeding Value Estimation Department and a member of the Executive Board.
- After completing his studies in agronomy at the ETH Zurich, he deepened his knowledge of quantitative genetics in a PhD thesis on breeding value estimation for the daily feed intake of pigs.
- From 2001 Urs was responsible as a geneticist for breeding value estimation at the Schweizer Braunviehzuchtverband (today called Braunvieh Schweiz), before he took over as Head of Evaluation and Development at the Schweizerischen Fleckviehzuchtverband (today called swissherdbook) in May 2008.
- Urs was involved in the introduction of most of Qualitas’ breeding value estimation methods still in use today and contributes his many years of experience to their further development. As a member of the board he represents the interests of the German speaking countries at Interbull.
- He appreciates the collegial atmosphere and sees the mutual trust in our highly motivated team as an important basis for our success.
- Urs likes to spend his free time with his family and tries to keep up with three teenagers by hiking, jogging, swimming, skiing and cycling. Milking on weekends on his brother’s dairy farm, he also maintains regular contact with the end customers of our services.